Friday, May 7, 2010

Pretty in Pain

Sittin at the bus stop lying to himself
They didn't really mean it they're just trying to help
Years of being told that he'd never make it far
He'll just add to his collection of emotional scars
Sunglasses on, music blasting in his ears
Keeps his head pointed down so they can't see the tears
Looks at his ticket, his only way out
From the hurt from the pain the unconditional doubt

He left them a letter, a piece of his mind
In a place he knew it'd be easy to find
They all looked at it finally figured it out
Heard it loud and clear as it started to shout

O, Mother O, Father, is this what you brought me here for
O, Father O, Mother, can't do this to me anymore
Just wait right here, I'm getting dressed
Wann look my best, gonna show off this mess
Another cut, a wound and a stain
I'm ready now, looking pretty in pain

Coming home from dinner, out the window she stares
She keeps trying to talk to him but he really doesn't care
He's yelling so loud it starts to hurt her ears
Summons her strength and her courage to just stifle her tears
Pulls up the to the house, she gets out of the car
He grabs her back in, and he pulls her hard
She looks at him can't believe just what he did
All she's seeing is red so she lets him have it

All the things that's never been said
So sick and tired of just feeling dead
Her fists are clenched her lungs are ready
She grabs his face screaming look at me!

Tonight it ends, I can't pretend, that what I'm feeling is alright
I know you can't see what you're doing to me so I'll lead you to the light
Just look right here, wear my heart on my sleeve
Wanna see the truth, it'll set you free
It used to be sunny till you brought in the rain
And now because of you I look pretty in pain

He's doing what he wants he's living his dream
Still can't believe that it's really happening
He goes to the mailbox to send a postcard
And on the back of it he wrote, I made it this far
No phone calls from him no messages to read
Ever since he's been gone it's been easier to breathe
She starts to do something she's not done in a while
She looks at her self and then she starts to smile

Today it begins, this brand new life
Never looking back, never felt so alive
I'm finally free, and you can't hurt me
You're just one of those fading memories
The tables have turned, everything has changed
Now don't you look pretty, pretty in pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment